Frequently Asked Questions
How is the weather in Peru?
- Peru's climate varies depending on when and where you visit
- On the coast it is usually quite hot although during the winter (April to August) it can get chilly early in the morning and at night.
- In the Andes there are two main seasons - wet and dry. The wet season runs from November to April and is wet but usually warmer overall. The dry season runs from May to October and has hot clear days but cold nights
- The only thing you can say about the weather in Peru is that it is difficult to accurately predict. There can be beautifully clear, hot days in the middle of the wet season and hail storms in the dry season - it is one of the beauties of Peru.
Which is the best season?
-The dry season is the best for trekking.
-As the weather can be unpredictable, it is best to be prepared with clothing for rain and warm weather
How is the food on all treks?
We're proud to say that the only complaints we get about our food is that there is too much of it. Many people comment that the food they eat on the treks is the best they get whilst in Peru.
A sample menu is as follows:
- Breakfast - Porridge, toast, butter, jam, pancakes, fruit salad, yogurt with hot chocolate, coffee and a variety of teas.
- Snack - Every day you are provided with a snack to eat whilst trekking, this is usually something like a power bar + fruit or biscuits + fruit.
- Lunch - Soup + a main course ranging from Lomo Saltado, Causa Rellena, Trout, Spaghetti Bolagnese etc. served with rice and garlic bread
- Happy Hour - Every afternoon around 5pm we serve hot chocolate, tea, popcorn, biscuits, bread and jam, etc.
- Dinner - See the main courses served at lunch.
What vaccines do I need for Peru?
You should always consult your local travel clinic regarding vaccines. In general the regular vaccines such as Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio etc are recommended. If you are visiting the low-land jungle then Yellow Fever is recommended.
Do I need to be fit to do one of your treks?
All of our treks (the Inca Trail, Salkantay, Ausangate etc.) are moderately difficult, long and mountainous. We highly recommend that you are relatively fit and acclimatised to altitude (a minimum of 2 days at altitude) before undertaking them. During the months (or at the very least, one month) before your trip, you should take regular, moderate exercise. We want you to have an amazing experience and the fitter you are, the more enjoyable the treks will be.
How can I book a place on one of your treks/tours?
Check out our booking page for more information!
Diferents Entrance Tickets To Machu Picchu
Only Entrance Ticket Machu Picchu
Includes: Entrance to Machu Picchu, it can be used as many times as you want on the date indicated, respecting the hours entry and exit to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6:00 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7:00 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8:00 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 9:00 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 10:00 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 11:00 a.m.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 12:00 pm
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 1:00 pm
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 2:00 pm
* The tourist can stay up to 4 hours after their entry.
Entrance Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
Includes: Admission to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6:00 am. / Entrance to Huayna Picchu from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7:00 a.m. / Entrance to Huayna Picchu from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8:00 a.m. / Entrance to Huayna Picchu from 10:30 am to 11:30 am
* The tourist can stay up to 6 hours from his entrance.
Entrance Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain
Includes: Access to the archeological site of Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain is located in front of the Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6:00 am. / Entrance to the Mountain from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7:00 a.m. / Entrance to the Mountain from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8:00 a.m. / Entrance to the Mountain from 9:00 am to 10:00 am
* The tourist can stay up to 8 hours from the moment of entry.
Entrance Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
Includes: Entrance to Machu Picchu and the Site Museum called Manuel Chavez Ballon.
Schedules: From 10:00 to 16:00 hrs (except Sundays).
Visitors To Machupicchu Can We Buy Ourselves Entrances Fee Tickets?
A reservation is a step prior to the purchase of tickets (tickets for admission to an archaeological site that manages the Regional Directorate of Culture – Cusco), where the visitor (domestic or foreign tourists) indicates the possible date of admission to the archaeological . This step is very important because it generates a reservation code with which to make payment and print the tickets.
this is the e-mail adress firstname.lastname@example.org that you need to visit and buy a ticket to Machu Picchu .
Data Requirements To Book Entrance Ticket Fee To Machu Picchu
To make a booking you must send an email with the following information:
Number of passengers.
Full names (As displayed on your passport).
Passport number or identify card.
Date of birth.
Any other important information you consider we have to know.
In case you have any doubt or an additional question, feel free to write us or communicate directly via our online chat, we are always at your service to answer any question you can have.
Discount For Young Children In Entrance Fee To Machupicchu?
Children or young 8-17 years is considered student and you can buy your entrance tickets to Machu Picchu with student rate, the only document that certifies the discount is your passport, identify card or appropriate national identification.
As we travel agency We are authorized for purchase discounted tickets Machu Picchu Student, we make Validate process, you should just contact us and send adicionalmante documents requested in advance to our e-mail email@example.com to verificate the age of the respective visitor .
Children Under 7 Years Are Free Entrance Fee To Machupicchu
In this case children under 7 years are excluded from entrance to Machu Picchu. However, they should go with their parents and / or relatives prior identification in the check point entrance to archeoligical site, need not be registered in advance. So they can be brought under the responsibility of their parents.
Student Discount In Entrance Fee To Machupicchu?
Tickets to Machu Picchu discount for foreign and domestic students
Discount Ticket to Machu Picchu is applied only to those students with Student Card force, which translated into Spanishis International Student Card , which allows you to pay only 50% of the cost of the Ticket Entry to Machu Picchu.
The Student card is acquired only by students of various study centers, such as : universities, institutes of higher education and these schools being recognized internationally in over 100 countries .
If you are an international student and do not have ISIC , you can buy at the authorized their country of origin agencies quickly and easily at minimal costway to do this you must present proof of study in force and a photo , delivery is almost immediate after being processed and approved.
Foreign students belonging to the Andean Community Colombia , Ecuador , Bolivia also enjoy this benefit carrying.
Remember Student Card must be in effect at the time of the trip as be reviewed with your Ticket Machu Picchu and Passport or Identity Card in the control gate Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
To purchase your ticket Machu Picchu Student Card discount , you must contact us and send a scanned copy of your ISIC card to our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Huayna Picchu Mountain Or Young Mountain
The Mountain Huayna Picchu is located north of Machu Picchu about 2667 meters. Huayna Picchu is very famous among visitors because its ascent involves considerable effort due to the difficulty of the way. The way is narrow which implies a restriction on the amount of people allowed to climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain. The journey in this mountain takes approximately 3 hours, with respect to up and down, is an extraordinary adventure.
What Is Included On Entrance Ticket To Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu?
This ticket allows you to visit:
The citadel of Machu Picchu has as main temples: Intihuatana, Temple of the Three Windows, Sun Temple, Temple of the Condor, Square, Agricultural Area.
Huayna Picchu Mountain has some archaeological sites as the Temple of the Moon, Andenerias carefully built on top of the mountain.
Before you buy the Ticket Huayna Picchu you must consider the train schedules available to date. The schedule of admission to the Huayna Picchu Mountain is very strict. Another consideration to keep in mind is that control access to Huayna Mountain Picchu is located within the same Citadel of Machu Picchu and the estimated time it takes the bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu is 30 minutes.
The maximum capacity to climb Huayna Picchu is 400 people per day, divided into two groups of 200.
Machu Picchu Mountain Or Old Mountain
Machu Picchu Mountain is 3200 meters above sea level, 800 meters above with respect to the Citadel of Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu Mountain is located in front of the Huayna Picchu Mountain and to the left side of the Inca Trail.
Machu Picchu Mountain has the least steep path, the climb takes 3 hours about depending on the pace of the person. But when you get to the top of the Mountain you will get beautiful panoramic views of the Citadel of Machu Picchu and Vilcabamba Valley.
What Includes Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain?
This ticket allows you to visit:
The Archeological Site of Machu Picchu which has as main attractions: Intiwatana Temple of the Three Windows, Sun Temple, Temple of the Condor, Main Plaza, Agricultural Zone.
Machu Picchu Mountain has no archaeological remains, however, has a beautiful view of the archeological site and surrounding valley.
Upon reaching the top, you will have impressive views of the Archeological Site of Machu Picchu and its surroundings, including the top of the Huayna Picchu mountain and Urubamba river.
The maximun capacity for Machu Picchu Montaña is 400 people per day, and there is just one entry from 07:00 am to 11:00 am hrs.
Why do I need to send a deposit?
We use your deposit (Non-refundable) to pay official fees when making your official reservation. For example, we need to pay tourist and porters entrance fees and taxes (19%). We also use it to secure cooks, porters and horses for our different treks.
How can I pay my deposit / final balance?
Deposits for treks can be paid using the methods provided below. Bank transfers are not recommended as they can take up to 3 working days to clear! Final balances for treks need to be paid in cash (US$) in our office in Cusco 48 hours prior to your trek.
Deposits for tours can be paid using any of the methods below.
Final balances for treks can be paid via Paypal or Western union - up to 1 week prior to trek departure. Final balances for treks should be paid 48 hours prior to departure at the latest. If it is not paid within this timeframe, we reserve the right to cancel the trip. Payment can be made in cash at our office.
Final balances for itineries should be paid 1 month prior to your trip, we recommend paying by bank transfer to avoid excessive fees.
1) Western Union (for alternative treks and for Inca Trail reservation deposits) is the safest and fastest way to wire money (especially when availability is changing very quickly and reservations need to be made ASAP!). You can send money from anywhere in the world in a few minutes or online through Western Union
2) Paypal: (for alternative treks and Inca Trail and tour reservations deposits). In this case, we ask you to pay an additional 8% on the deposit to cover Paypal commission. To make your deposit by Paypal you need a Paypal account, the address to send your deposit to is email@example.com.
Please come by the agency at least 48 hours prior to your tour to meet, finalise details, pay your balance and organise your pre-trek talk.